In a world where everything is going at an extremely high pace, people are trying hard to save something. That’s the reason why you are planning to have a good credit card to save money. With the country’s fuel costs rising, it is critical to save wherever feasible. Many of the nation’s biggest banks and lenders now issue free fuel credit cards. The best credit card for free fuel allows you to save extra money on your fuel purchases.
What are Fuel Credit Cards?
Banks supply consumers with Fuel Credit cards in order to give them the most value when purchasing fuel. Holding this card allows customers who frequently purchase fuel for different purposes to reduce their fuel expenses. Aside from that, it allows customers of the card to utilise it for additional lifestyle perks.
9 Best Fuel Credit Cards for 2022
Here is a list of one of the best credit cards for fuel that can be effectively used to reduce your overall fuel expenses:
1. Indian Oil Citi Credit Card
- Get turbo points on every transaction you make. You will receive 4 points for each 150 INR spent, as well as a 1% fuel fee refund at licenced IndianOil retail shops in the country. For each 150 INR spent on grocery and supermarket purchases, you will receive 2 points. Receive 1 point for each 150 INR spent on everything else.
- Experience a versatile rewards redeeming system that allows you to exchange your points for fuel, items at 700+ merchants, or gift cards which can be used in any petrol pump of Indian Oil.
- At the conclusion of the subscription year, an annual charge of 1,000+ INR relevant taxes is due.
- You may be able to get a quick loan on your card.
- Transfer any expenditure over 2500 INR into simple EMIs.
- Citibank offers simple payment methods to resolve outstanding amounts, such as converting the total amount into manageable EMIs and repaying the money at a lesser interest rate.
- Move your credit card balances from other banks to Citibank. With Citibank, you may choose an EMI payment option and benefit from a low annual interest rate of 12%.
- With digital, smartphone, SMS, CitiPhone, and over-the-counter banking services, you may access services whenever you want to.
- To keep track of your account activities, sign up for CitiAlerts through SMS or email.
- Enjoy a variety of credit payment options.
- Settle your regular utility bill payments safely and securely online.
- On CitiPhone, you may get help 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- While making your everyday purchases, you may earn Turbo Points.
- Spend within thirty days of the issuance of the card and get 250 Turbo Points.
- Turbo points have no expiration date.
- The yearly charge is eliminated if you end up spending 30,000 INR or more on your fuel credit card thereby reducing the overall fuel expenses.
- Take advantage of unique dining perks and get up to a 20% discount on your bill at 2000+ restaurants throughout India.
- Enjoy shopping perks and discounts at local shops.
2. Bank of Baroda Prime Credit Card
- Assured issuance on fixed deposits of 15,000 INR and higher, without the need to show evidence of minimum income.
- On every 100 INR spent, you will earn 4 reward points or 1 INR in reimbursement.
- For your first year, there is no joining fee or annual fee.
- If you buy fuel between 400 INR and 5,000 INR, the 1% fuel fee will be removed. The highest discount amount you would be eligible for is 250 INR.
- There are several ways to use your reward points for cashback.
- When you make a transaction of 2,500 INR or more, you will get the choice of repaying the money through instalments with payback terms ranging from 6 months to a year.
- You can apply for up to three lifelong add-on cards eligible for your spouse, kids over 18 years of age as well as parents.
- When you purchase this credit card, you will also get built-in insurance coverage.
- You will receive a complimentary PA Death Insurance Coverage, which will guarantee that your beloved ones do not experience financial difficulties in the event of your demise as a result of an unfortunate accident.
- If you notify the theft of your fuel credit card promptly, you don’t have to face any responsibility fees.
- From the moment the card is issued, you will have 50 days to experience interest-free credit.
- You may arrange your spending at your leisure by just paying the minimum amount owed.
3. BPCL SBI Credit Card
- Surcharges of up to a limit of 100 INR per month are waived at BPCL petrol outlets around the nation.
- Every 100 INR spent on groceries, meals, movie tickets, and department store shopping earns you 5x reward points. For every 100 INR spent on non-fuel transactions, you will receive one reward point.
- The card may be used at 24 million+ locations worldwide without any minimum transaction value. The card is accepted at any Visa or Mastercard retailer.
- Utility payments are made simple using the Bill Pay feature.
- Family members can acquire add-on cards.
- Balance transfers from various free fuel credit cards to the BPCL SBI credit card are accessible at reduced interest rates with simple EMI repayments.
- FlexiPay allows you to convert transactions worth more than 2,500 INR into affordable EMIs.
- There is a cheque facility available against the cash limit.
- Account administration is simple thanks to the website and smartphone application.
4. HDFC Bharat CashBack Credit Card
- This free fuel credit card offers 5% cashback on train reservations done on the IRCTC site or smartphone application, food purchases, fuel purchases, all bill payments and recharges, as well as all SmartBuy and EasyEMI transactions.
- Receive a one-percentage reduction in the fuel levy that applies to fuel transactions made with your card.
- The transaction value must be 400 INR or more to qualify for this waiver, and the highest cashback for each statement period is 250 INR.
- Spend 50,000 INR or more in any petrol pump in the year preceding your card’s renewal and you’ll get a 500 INR renewal or yearly charge exemption.
- If your credit card is lost or stolen, tell the bank promptly by contacting their customer service department. You will no longer be held accountable for any illegal or unauthorized purchases made with your card after that.
5. IndianOil HDFC Bank Credit Card
- Get 5% of fuel purchases in the form of Fuel Points.
- Receive up to a limit of 250 Fuel Points every month for the initial six months at any IndianOil gas station. After 6 months, you will receive 150 Fuel Points every month. On all transactions of 400 INR and above, a 1% surcharge will be waived.
- Earn 1 Fuel Point with every 150 INR spent on the credit card for purchases other than fuel. Earn 5% of overall spending on bill payments and groceries as Fuel Points.
- If your yearly spending exceeds 50,000 INR in a year, the 500 INR renewal charge will be waived.
- Fees are waived for the first year on purchases of 20,000 INR or more. Make one transaction worth at least 500 INR during the initial 90 days after card activation to receive instantaneous PayZapp activation.
- The free fuel credit card will be accessible for free if you have registered with SmartPay.
6. IndianOil Axis Bank Credit Card
- Reward points on Indian Oil fuel purchases.
- A welcome bonus of up to 250 INR return on all fuel transactions within thirty days of fuel credit card issuance.
- Increased reward points for shopping costs.
- Waiver of all surcharges on all of your fuel costs.
- If your spending exceeds 50,000 INR in a calendar year, you will be exempt from paying the annual charge.
- Purchases of movie tickets are discounted.
- With this card, you will earn a welcome bonus of cashback of up to a limit of 250 INR on fuel transactions. However, the purchases must be completed within 30 days after receiving the card.
- For fuel transactions performed at Indian Oil petrol stations around the nation, you will receive reward points. You will gain 20 points for each 100 INR spent. The lowest purchase sum for expedited reward points is 100 INR, while the highest purchase sum is 5,000 INR. With this credit card, you will additionally enjoy a 1% fuel fee waiver for all monthly purchases ranging from 200 INR to 5,000 INR.
- In the form of reward points, you will receive a 1% value return on all transactions done with the credit card. You will gain 5 points on this card for each 100 INR spent The lowest purchase amount to qualify for points is 100 INR, and the highest purchase value is 5,000 INR.
- The yearly charge for the following year is waived if you spend 50,000 INR in a year.
- You will gain 1 point for each 100 INR spent on this card. These points may be exchanged for a variety of goods from Axis Bank’s incentives basket.
- You may earn up to a 20% discount on meals at Axis Bank associated restaurants through the Dining Delights scheme.
- This credit card also has entertainment incentives, such as an immediate discount on cinema tickets purchased via BookMyShow.
7. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- Earn one point for each 150 INR spent, with one reward point equaling 0.30 INR.
- Earn 5% cashback on your fuel purchases, telephone, as well as utility bills.
- Priority Pass membership is free, granting access to over 1000 airport lounges globally with one free use each month.
- Yearly fee waiver for spending 60,000 INR or more in a calendar year.
- Get a 5% reward on all petrol purchases across all gas outlets, up to a limit of 200 INR each month.
- Get a 5% reward on phone bill transactions, up to a monthly limit of 200 INR.
- Get a 5% reward on payment of utility bills, up to a monthly limit of 100 INR.
- Receive 5x rewards on foreign point-of-sale purchases.
8. Air India SBI Signature Credit Card
- When you pay the card’s membership fee, you’ll receive a welcome bonus of 20,000 points.
- Get 1,00,000 INR liability protection for misplaced cards.
- Utilize the EMI balance transfer option to save cash while settling your bills.
- You may use a credit card to order train tickets. You can also have the tickets delivered to your doorstep.
- On a yearly basis, you can earn up to 100,000 additional points.
- Receive access to over 600 worldwide airport lounges via the Priority Pass Plan.
- When you settle your renewal cost after a year, you will receive 5,000 points.
- Receive free access to over 600 luxury airport lounges via the Priority Pass Service. Take advantage of the complimentary Visa Lounge Access Plan, which allows you to access two free domestic airport lounges each quarter.
- For transactions between 500 INR and 4,000 INR, a 1% fuel levy will be eliminated at all gas outlets. With this credit card, you may get a maximum exemption of 250 INR every month.
- Use the credit card’s Easy Bill Pay feature to pay your power, phone, insurance, as well as other utility payments.
- With Flexipay, transactions made with a credit card valued at more than 2,500 INR can be turned into instalments within 30 days.
- Use this credit card to purchase train tickets and have them sent to your doorstep.
- For each 100 INR spent on tickets from Air India, you may earn up to 30 Points. 1 point equals 1 air mile on Air India. For each 100 INR paid, you will receive 4 points.
- SBI also offers card replacements all over the world through a 24-hour hotline.
- On ixigo, you may get up to 600 INR cashback on domestic flight reservations. On ixigo, get a cashback deal of 2,400 INR on overseas ticket reservations with a minimal purchase price of 18,000 INR.
- MakeMyTrip offers a variety of deals on local and overseas airline reservations.
- Get the most out of the credit card by taking advantage of savings on MakeMyTrip hotel reservations.
- EaseMyTrip is offering a 1,000 INR discount on plane reservations. EaseMyTrip offers a flat 20% savings on international as well as national hotel reservations.
- Get 100 INR off bus tickets when you use your credit card.
- When you use your credit card to reserve your journey on Travelxp, you will receive a variety of benefits.
- Cleartrip offers instalment payment for trip reservations with a variety of term choices.
- Use instalment payments on websites like Goindigo, Gobibo, and Emirates to get the most out of your trip plans.
- When you reserve your trip via Yatra, you may pick from a variety of instalment payment terms.
- With this credit card, you may get a 200 INR discount on your weekend shopping at Grofers.
- Take advantage of a 7.5% cashback rebate on transactions placed at LG outlets.
- Receive a 5% reward on mobile device purchases made at Vivo merchant shops or online shopping.
- Receive a rebate of up to 3,000 INR on RentoMojo orders.
- On Myntra, you may pay with instalments on a large choice of items.
- Pay with instalments at Shoppers Stop as well as HomeTown Stores.
- Every Tuesday and Monday, Zomato offers discounts of up to 20% off. This ‘Happy Dining Program’ offers up to 15% discount at over 1,000 restaurants.
9. YES First Preferred Credit Card
- The monthly rate of interest of 3.50% on revolving credit.
- When travelling abroad, get 25 lakh INR in health insurance for unexpected hospitalisation.
- Receive credit protection in the event of the main cardholder’s untimely death.
- Get specialised concierge support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for hotel reservations, travel bookings, restaurant recommendations, cinema ticket service, as well as gift deliveries.
- Get a 25% discount when buying movie tickets from BookMyShow.
- If your yearly spending exceeds 7.5 lakh INR, you will receive 20,000 points each anniversary year for fuel expenses or non-fuel purchases.
- Petrol surcharges are waived at all gas outlets in the country for transactions ranging from 400 INR to 5,000 INR.
- Receive a four-round green fee exemption at certain Indian golf courses.
- Every month, take advantage of a free golf lesson at one of the country’s top golf courses.
- Priority Pass membership includes four free airport lounge visits. Every quarter, you’ll be able to visit two domestic lounges.
- In the event of a flight mishap, you would be covered by a life insurance policy worth up to 1 crore INR.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are Credit Cards?
A credit card can be defined as a sort of credit facility offered by institutions that allow clients to borrow money up to a pre-determined credit limit. The best aspect is that the cards are widely recognised and, when used wisely, provide significant financial independence.
2. Where can you use Fuel Credit Cards?
Credit cards can be used for any legal purpose. Owning a credit card might help you manage your money amid a financial crunch. It enables you to access cash, makes transactions, and return the cash at a later date.
3. How to apply for Credit Cards?
In order to apply for credit cards, you need to visit the online website of the bank or NBFC whose card you are going to buy. All you need to do is to fill up the card application and submit it.